- Students are assessed by our certified teachers and provided an Individual Lesson Plan.
- Each Lesson Plan provides direct and differentiated listening, speaking, reading, thinking and writing instruction.
- Each child receives one-on-one reading instruction from trained volunteers.
- Students are assessed at the completion of each Unit to measure student’s understanding of the material and to measure progress.
At-Home Reading with Parents/Caregivers
- PCAT students are required to read at home aloud with their parents/caregivers at least four times per week. Reading at home with parents/caregivers allows children to learn at an early age that reading is fun, and as they mature they will find reading a pleasurable habit.
- Our parents/caregivers are trained on the techniques to properly read with their child. Since our students rarely own their own books, students receive English and/or Bilingual English-Spanish books to take home.
- To track and monitor our students’ progress, parents are given Reading Logs to document reading time with their child. Our students receive treasure box incentives for completed reading hours.